Modi should not bother about Cong’s CM candidate: Gohil
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- Kumar Vishwas files application alleging threat to life from Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs CSK: CSK lose Smith, McCullum after flying start against KXIP
Reacting to Chief Minister Narendra Modi's remark that Congress had no candidate for the CM's post, opposition leader in Assembly Shaktisinh Gohil said the BJP leader should not interfere in Congress's internal affairs. "Modi should not bother about who would be Congress's candidate...Congress is not contesting these elections for power. Our aim is to restore Gujarat's pride," Gohil said. Modi had said that Congress had no leader in the state and it was willing to make Ahmed Patel the CM. When asked about Congress leader Narhari Amin's decision not to take part in the election campaign, Gohil admitted it was a serious issue, but said it would be sorted out soon.
BJP manifesto a bundle of lies: Modhwadia
Ahmedabad: State Congress president Arjun Modhwadia Monday termed the BJP's manifesto as a "bundle of lies". He said that in the 2007 polls, Modi had promised Rs 15,000 crore for Van Bandhu Yojana, Rs 11,000 for Sagar Khedut Yojana and Rs 13,000 crore for welfare of poor people but no budgetary provisions were made for these schemes. He said the Modi government also did not come with any dam and irrigation projects. Only 17 per cent of the Narmada canal network had been completed. "BJP manifesto is based on falsehoods," he said.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer