Modi stresses 'packaging, branding' in DU hardsell
- My government will not be vindictive: Narendra Modi on Robert Vadra
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- Rahul Gandhi tells Narendra Modi: 'Ullu' banana band karo
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: Malinga draws first blood for MI, castles Gambhir
The Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy in Hyderabad, set up soon after independence, is one of the first police training institutes in the country. The North Eastern Police Academy at Shillong has been in existence since 1978.
Modi tried to hardsell the Indian Institute of Teacher Education, Gandhinagar, established in March 2010, which offers a four-year integrated course, as the new paradigm in teachers' education.
The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT), set up in 1961, runs five Regional Colleges of Education at Ajmer, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Mysore and Shillong that offer four-year integrated courses in teachers' education. The NCERT also runs the Central Institute Of Educational Technology (CIET) and National Institute of Education (NIE) that works in allied fields.