Modi stresses 'packaging, branding' in DU hardsell
- Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh, 20 jawans feared dead
- Election Live: Rahul Gandhi addresses rally on Narendra Modi's turf
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
The Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy in Hyderabad, set up soon after independence, is one of the first police training institutes in the country. The North Eastern Police Academy at Shillong has been in existence since 1978.
Modi tried to hardsell the Indian Institute of Teacher Education, Gandhinagar, established in March 2010, which offers a four-year integrated course, as the new paradigm in teachers' education.
The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT), set up in 1961, runs five Regional Colleges of Education at Ajmer, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Mysore and Shillong that offer four-year integrated courses in teachers' education. The NCERT also runs the Central Institute Of Educational Technology (CIET) and National Institute of Education (NIE) that works in allied fields.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express