Modi stresses 'packaging, branding' in DU hardsell
- Kashmir floods LIVE: Many feared dead as houses collapse in Budgam district
- ‘Mukhyamantri ka saala’ is a story of growth in Chhattisgarh
- AAP removes Ramdas as Lokpal, Bhushan from disciplinary panel
- Ahmed Patel, seen and heard like never before
- Retd Lt Gen says will write to Chief about Army role in Hashimpura
The Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy in Hyderabad, set up soon after independence, is one of the first police training institutes in the country. The North Eastern Police Academy at Shillong has been in existence since 1978.
Modi tried to hardsell the Indian Institute of Teacher Education, Gandhinagar, established in March 2010, which offers a four-year integrated course, as the new paradigm in teachers' education.
The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT), set up in 1961, runs five Regional Colleges of Education at Ajmer, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Mysore and Shillong that offer four-year integrated courses in teachers' education. The NCERT also runs the Central Institute Of Educational Technology (CIET) and National Institute of Education (NIE) that works in allied fields.