Modi to attend wedding of Governorís granddaughter
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
Chief Minister Narendra Modi, who has been frequently at the loggerheads with state Governor Dr Kamla Beniwal, is going to attend the wedding of her granddaughter Aditi Beniwal at Jaipur Friday.
"Will be in Jaipur to attend the marriage ceremony of granddaughter of Gujarat Governor," Modi tweeted.
For the past more than a year a tussle is on between Modi government and the Rajbhavan on the issue of appointment of Justice (retired) R A Mehta as Gujarat Lokayukta.
The state government also has often expressed displeasure about Governor rejecting several bills passed by the state Assembly.