Modi to visit Delhi today to finalise candidates
- Myanmar says operation on militants was on Indian side of border
- Somnath Bharti's wife accuses him of domestic violence, DCW issues notice
- Debt-stressed Punjab farmer, who met Rahul Gandhi, commits suicide
- Jitender Tomar did not graduate from our varsity: RML Awadh University
- Railways staggers tatkal booking to ease pressure, upto 50 pc refund on cancellation
Central BJP parliamentary board members from Gujarat will go to Delhi on Thursday where the candidates' list for the state polls will be finalised. The board is expected to finalise the list of 87 candidates for the first phase on the same day, said an official party release on Wednesday. Those going to Delhi include Chief Minister Narendra Modi, election campaign committee chairman and national vice-president Purshottam Rupala, state party unit president R C Faldu and state organisation general secretary Bhikhubhai Dalsaniya.
Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) of rebel BJP leader and former Chief Minister Keshubhai Patel is also yet to announce candidates. November 24 is the last date for filing nomination.