Modi to visit Delhi today to finalise candidates
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
Central BJP parliamentary board members from Gujarat will go to Delhi on Thursday where the candidates' list for the state polls will be finalised. The board is expected to finalise the list of 87 candidates for the first phase on the same day, said an official party release on Wednesday. Those going to Delhi include Chief Minister Narendra Modi, election campaign committee chairman and national vice-president Purshottam Rupala, state party unit president R C Faldu and state organisation general secretary Bhikhubhai Dalsaniya.
Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) of rebel BJP leader and former Chief Minister Keshubhai Patel is also yet to announce candidates. November 24 is the last date for filing nomination.