Modi to visit Delhi today to finalise candidates
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
Central BJP parliamentary board members from Gujarat will go to Delhi on Thursday where the candidates' list for the state polls will be finalised. The board is expected to finalise the list of 87 candidates for the first phase on the same day, said an official party release on Wednesday. Those going to Delhi include Chief Minister Narendra Modi, election campaign committee chairman and national vice-president Purshottam Rupala, state party unit president R C Faldu and state organisation general secretary Bhikhubhai Dalsaniya.
Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) of rebel BJP leader and former Chief Minister Keshubhai Patel is also yet to announce candidates. November 24 is the last date for filing nomination.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today