Modi to visit Delhi today to finalise candidates
- India, Ireland share much in common, says Modi before leaving for US
- Volkswagen CEO Martin Winterkorn resigns amid emissions-rigging scandal
- Hardik Patel surfaces after mysterious disappearance, says he was abducted
- 2006 Mumbai train blasts: Prosecution seeks death penalty for 8 convicts
- Backward class candidates get lion's share in Nitish Kumar's list
Central BJP parliamentary board members from Gujarat will go to Delhi on Thursday where the candidates' list for the state polls will be finalised. The board is expected to finalise the list of 87 candidates for the first phase on the same day, said an official party release on Wednesday. Those going to Delhi include Chief Minister Narendra Modi, election campaign committee chairman and national vice-president Purshottam Rupala, state party unit president R C Faldu and state organisation general secretary Bhikhubhai Dalsaniya.
Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) of rebel BJP leader and former Chief Minister Keshubhai Patel is also yet to announce candidates. November 24 is the last date for filing nomination.