Modi to visit Delhi today to finalise candidates
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Central BJP parliamentary board members from Gujarat will go to Delhi on Thursday where the candidates' list for the state polls will be finalised. The board is expected to finalise the list of 87 candidates for the first phase on the same day, said an official party release on Wednesday. Those going to Delhi include Chief Minister Narendra Modi, election campaign committee chairman and national vice-president Purshottam Rupala, state party unit president R C Faldu and state organisation general secretary Bhikhubhai Dalsaniya.
Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) of rebel BJP leader and former Chief Minister Keshubhai Patel is also yet to announce candidates. November 24 is the last date for filing nomination.