Modi wants Centre to put high speed rail project on fast track
- Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case: Javed Sheikh's father moves CBI court against Amit Shah, ex-DGP; wants them arraigned
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for 'irresponsible' media remark, says it is a sign of 'weakness'
- I skipped rally because I was misled: Anna Hazare
- Goa court grants permission to Tarun Tejpal to meet his ailing mother
- Arvind Kejriwal alleges whole media is sold, backtracks later
Japan is among the few countries vying for HSR corridors project, which is part of Indian Railways Vision 2020.
Multi-modal affordable transport body soon
Meanwhile, Modi said that the state government has decided to set up Multi-Modal Affordable Transport Authority (MATA) to develop Mass Rapid Transport System (MRTS) and to frame strategy to develop the Gandhinagar-Ahmedabad Metro rail and Ahmedabad-Dholera SIR HSR.
He hinted developing an inland waterway transport system on the proposed canal from Damanganga up to Sabarmati. There is a plan to run road-cum-rail transport over the canal, besides Ro-Ro ferry service between Dahej and Ghogha.