Modi wants Centre to put high speed rail project on fast track
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
Japan is among the few countries vying for HSR corridors project, which is part of Indian Railways Vision 2020.
Multi-modal affordable transport body soon
Meanwhile, Modi said that the state government has decided to set up Multi-Modal Affordable Transport Authority (MATA) to develop Mass Rapid Transport System (MRTS) and to frame strategy to develop the Gandhinagar-Ahmedabad Metro rail and Ahmedabad-Dholera SIR HSR.
He hinted developing an inland waterway transport system on the proposed canal from Damanganga up to Sabarmati. There is a plan to run road-cum-rail transport over the canal, besides Ro-Ro ferry service between Dahej and Ghogha.