Modi welcomes elevation of Rajnath as party chief
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Bihar: Flanked by Paswans, Narendra Modi sells âN(Development)Aâ
- Gadkari's âproposalâ for Raj: Donât put up candidates for LS, it will be detrimental
- CBI to look into DLF high-rise plan near Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Express 5: Lokpal search suffers setback and NIA's conclusion against Bhatkal
Chief Minister Narendra Modi Wednesday welcomed the elevation of Rajnath Singh as BJP president, saying he has always been associated with farmers which would benefit the party.
"I called up Shri Rajnath Singh ji and congratulated him. He brings with him vast experience of both organisation and administration," Modi tweeted on social networking site twitter.
"Rajnath Singhji served as Agriculture Minister in Atalji's government. He has always been associated with the farmers. BJP will gain from this," he said in a second tweet.
The BJP Parliamentary Board earlier met today to discuss the new developments.
BJP general secretary Ananth Kumar told reporters that in the meeting senior BJP leader L K Advani moved a resolution appreciating the good work done by the outgoing President Nitin Gadkari. Gadkari, facing allegations of dubious funding of his company, was forced out of the race for BJP president's post and Singh emerged the consensus choice for the office.
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore