Moga bypoll: SAD, Cong file nominations
- Parliament LIVE: Snooping on Rahul not right, says Congress; 'Asking for facts is not snooping'
- Waste paper to phone use: Govt revives checklist against leaks
- 14 booked for church vandalism in Haryana, cross replaced with Hanuman idol
- Pakistan: Protesters hit the streets after blasts near Lahore churches leave 15 dead
- No arrests in Bengal nun ‘rape’, church attack, local Christians nervous
The stage is formally set for the upcoming battle of Moga by-elections between SAD and Congress as candidates of both the parties filed their nomination papers on Saturday at Mini Secretariat.
While the Congress put up a show of strength and unity while filing the nomination papers of its candidate Vijay Sathi, senior Akali leaders were conspicuous by their absence for their candidate Joginder Pal Jain.
Sathi was led by PPCC President Captain Amarinder Singh himself along with Congress Working Committee member Jagmeet Singh Brar, AICC secretary Dr Vijay Lakshmi Sadho, Congress Legislative Party leader Sunil Jakhar, former Chief Minister Ms Rajinder Kaur Bhattal, Gurdaspur MP Partap Bajwa, Punjab Youth Congress president Vikram Chaudhary, Punjab Mahila Congress president Malti Thapar and others.
The SAD candidate Joginderpal Jain, was accompanied by local SAD leaders Tota Singh, district chief Teerath Singh Mahla, Tarlochan Singh from BJP and Tarsem Singh Rattian from SAD.