Moga bypoll: SAD, Cong file nominations
- Balochistan: 30 dead after bomb explosion at civil hospital in Quetta
- Telangana: Gangster Nayeemuddin killed in police operation
- Prime Minister speaks out again: If you have to shoot, shoot me, but not my Dalit brothers
- GST bill in Lok Sabha today, PM Modi likely to speak
- Kashmir: Two BSF personnel, suspected militant killed in encounter
The stage is formally set for the upcoming battle of Moga by-elections between SAD and Congress as candidates of both the parties filed their nomination papers on Saturday at Mini Secretariat.
While the Congress put up a show of strength and unity while filing the nomination papers of its candidate Vijay Sathi, senior Akali leaders were conspicuous by their absence for their candidate Joginder Pal Jain.
Sathi was led by PPCC President Captain Amarinder Singh himself along with Congress Working Committee member Jagmeet Singh Brar, AICC secretary Dr Vijay Lakshmi Sadho, Congress Legislative Party leader Sunil Jakhar, former Chief Minister Ms Rajinder Kaur Bhattal, Gurdaspur MP Partap Bajwa, Punjab Youth Congress president Vikram Chaudhary, Punjab Mahila Congress president Malti Thapar and others.
- The plight of Dalits in Gujarat cannot be attributed only to BJP rule
- More than a new building, Parliament needs an update of its procedures
- It is time the UN had a woman and a feminist as its secretary-general
- CM Mufti appropriates language of struggle, but BJP-PDP alliance erodes her legitimacy
- Revenge of the powerless voter
- Across the aisle: Good sense triumphs, danger lurks