Moga bypoll: SAD, Cong file nominations
- Telangana LIVE: Bill passed by throwing all norms to the wind, says Kiran Kumar Reddy after quitting Congress
- Protests in RS over Telangana, papers snatched from Secretary General
- Rajiv Gandhi killers to be released, Jayalalithaa takes decision at Tamil Nadu Cabinet meet
- Decision to black out Telangana proceedings taken by Lok Sabha secretariat, confirms Kamal Nath
- Express 5: AAP kickstarts its poll funding drive and Telangana Bill passed in Lok Sabha
The stage is formally set for the upcoming battle of Moga by-elections between SAD and Congress as candidates of both the parties filed their nomination papers on Saturday at Mini Secretariat.
While the Congress put up a show of strength and unity while filing the nomination papers of its candidate Vijay Sathi, senior Akali leaders were conspicuous by their absence for their candidate Joginder Pal Jain.
Sathi was led by PPCC President Captain Amarinder Singh himself along with Congress Working Committee member Jagmeet Singh Brar, AICC secretary Dr Vijay Lakshmi Sadho, Congress Legislative Party leader Sunil Jakhar, former Chief Minister Ms Rajinder Kaur Bhattal, Gurdaspur MP Partap Bajwa, Punjab Youth Congress president Vikram Chaudhary, Punjab Mahila Congress president Malti Thapar and others.
The SAD candidate Joginderpal Jain, was accompanied by local SAD leaders Tota Singh, district chief Teerath Singh Mahla, Tarlochan Singh from BJP and Tarsem Singh Rattian from SAD.