Mohalla committee holds meet-on-wheels
- IAF An-32 aircraft missing: Manohar Parrikar undertakes aerial survey of search operations
- Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as running mate
- Judith D'souza, Indian kidnapped in Kabul, rescued: Sushma Swaraj
- Bhagwant Mann interview: 'I just wanted to show system of draw of lots in Zero Hour'
- Toll climbs to 46, Rajnath visits Kashmir valley today
Aundh Vikas Mandal (AVM) and Aundh ward office of the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) on Thursday carried out their monthly mohalla committee meeting in a unique way. The meeting was held in a PMPML bus and AVM members visited various sites in the city as the meeting progressed. The idea was mooted by AVM in the October mohalla committee meeting, which was welcomed by the ward officer Niti Udas.
The-meeting-on-wheels began at 10 am as 20 AVM members boarded a PMPML bus at Bremen Chowk office accompanied by officials of Aundh ward office and corporator Ranjana Murkute. During the journey, the group visited several sites inspecting projects and discussing issues.
At Aundh, the group inspected open spaces that were reportedly earmarked for playgrounds, gardens, bhaji market in the DP, but have been either encroached upon or not taken up by the civic body.
On Pashan Road, the group visited a nullah development project being carried out by IISER and ARDE to prevent flooding.