Mohalla committee holds meet-on-wheels
- Siachen avalanche: Lance Naik Hanamanthappa passes away three days after miraculous rescue
- Dr RK Pachauri goes on leave as TERI Chancellor, won't attend March 7 convocation
- Ishrat Jahan's mother on Headley deposition: Ploy by those guilty to salvage their names
- Write-offs a scam, small loans rarely in it, says former RBI Deputy Governor
- David Headley received money from ISI, LeT and Dr Rana
Aundh Vikas Mandal (AVM) and Aundh ward office of the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) on Thursday carried out their monthly mohalla committee meeting in a unique way. The meeting was held in a PMPML bus and AVM members visited various sites in the city as the meeting progressed. The idea was mooted by AVM in the October mohalla committee meeting, which was welcomed by the ward officer Niti Udas.
The-meeting-on-wheels began at 10 am as 20 AVM members boarded a PMPML bus at Bremen Chowk office accompanied by officials of Aundh ward office and corporator Ranjana Murkute. During the journey, the group visited several sites inspecting projects and discussing issues.
At Aundh, the group inspected open spaces that were reportedly earmarked for playgrounds, gardens, bhaji market in the DP, but have been either encroached upon or not taken up by the civic body.
On Pashan Road, the group visited a nullah development project being carried out by IISER and ARDE to prevent flooding.