Mohammed Rafi Awards for 2011 declared
- Patna High Court stays Nitish Kumar's election as JD(U) legislature party chief
- Arvind Kejriwal gets down to business, calls for full statehood for Delhi
- President Pranab Mukherjee warns against deviation from constitutional principles
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: SIT to quiz Shashi Tharoor tomorrow
- Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejriwal of accepting 'tainted' money
The Rafi Foundation will host the Mohammed Rafi Awards on May 29 in Mumbai with a grand musical concert. Kalyanji (posthumous) and Anandji, K.J.Yesudas, lyricist Neeraj and Shashi Kapoor will be the recepients this year. Anup Jalota will be the Chief Guest.
While Yesudas has always proclaimed his reverential adulation for Rafi, Kalyanji-Anandji have scored hundreds of songs of the singers, many of which were also filmed on Shashi Kapoor, who had hits with Rafi also with other composers. Some of Neeraj's most famous songs, like Caravan guzar gaya, Likhe jo khat tujhe (Kanyadaan) and Mera man tera pyaasa (Gambler) were also sung by Rafi.