Mohammed Rafi Awards for 2011 declared
- ASEAN Summit: PM Modi meets Chinese counterpart; discusses bilateral ties
- Congress 'anti-national', party should be 'derecognised': Sukhbir Badal
- Tejaswi Yadav takes on critics, says don't judge a book by its cover
- Sheena Bora murder case: Charges against Peter Mukerjea outrageous, says son Rahul Mukerjea
- AAP sends invite to dissident Shanti Bhushan for NC meet
The Rafi Foundation will host the Mohammed Rafi Awards on May 29 in Mumbai with a grand musical concert. Kalyanji (posthumous) and Anandji, K.J.Yesudas, lyricist Neeraj and Shashi Kapoor will be the recepients this year. Anup Jalota will be the Chief Guest.
While Yesudas has always proclaimed his reverential adulation for Rafi, Kalyanji-Anandji have scored hundreds of songs of the singers, many of which were also filmed on Shashi Kapoor, who had hits with Rafi also with other composers. Some of Neeraj's most famous songs, like Caravan guzar gaya, Likhe jo khat tujhe (Kanyadaan) and Mera man tera pyaasa (Gambler) were also sung by Rafi.