Mohammed Rafi Awards for 2011 declared
- Cong makes public Raje's signed document backing Lalit Modi, asks govt to sack her
- Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal announces run for US presidential elections 2016
- Maharashtra minister Pankaja Munde accused of Rs 206 crore 'scam'
- Smriti Irani in dock over fake degree; Congress, AAP demand her sacking
- All above the age of 75 in BJP declared brain dead by Modi: Yashwant Sinha
The Rafi Foundation will host the Mohammed Rafi Awards on May 29 in Mumbai with a grand musical concert. Kalyanji (posthumous) and Anandji, K.J.Yesudas, lyricist Neeraj and Shashi Kapoor will be the recepients this year. Anup Jalota will be the Chief Guest.
While Yesudas has always proclaimed his reverential adulation for Rafi, Kalyanji-Anandji have scored hundreds of songs of the singers, many of which were also filmed on Shashi Kapoor, who had hits with Rafi also with other composers. Some of Neeraj's most famous songs, like Caravan guzar gaya, Likhe jo khat tujhe (Kanyadaan) and Mera man tera pyaasa (Gambler) were also sung by Rafi.