Mohammed Rafi Awards for 2011 declared
- SC quashes decision to include Jats in OBC category, rules caste can't be sole ground
- Day after results, Omar, Amit Shah and Ram Madhav met to explore J&K tie-up
- Neither Sonia nor Rahul ever filled such forms: Congress
- Nun gangrape case: 10 detained, Centre seeks report from WB govt
- To push land law forward, govt set to pause House
The Rafi Foundation will host the Mohammed Rafi Awards on May 29 in Mumbai with a grand musical concert. Kalyanji (posthumous) and Anandji, K.J.Yesudas, lyricist Neeraj and Shashi Kapoor will be the recepients this year. Anup Jalota will be the Chief Guest.
While Yesudas has always proclaimed his reverential adulation for Rafi, Kalyanji-Anandji have scored hundreds of songs of the singers, many of which were also filmed on Shashi Kapoor, who had hits with Rafi also with other composers. Some of Neeraj's most famous songs, like Caravan guzar gaya, Likhe jo khat tujhe (Kanyadaan) and Mera man tera pyaasa (Gambler) were also sung by Rafi.