Mohammed Rafi Awards for 2011 declared
- Missing AN-32: All leads have turned out to be bad, says Manohar Parrikar
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt issues notification, relief to lakhs of central govt employees
- Kashmir unrest: Barring Anantnag, curfew lifted from all parts; schools remain shut
- At least 19 killed in knife attack at facility for handicapped in Japan
- Delhi: Auto rickshaw, taxi strike hits commuters hard in the city
The Rafi Foundation will host the Mohammed Rafi Awards on May 29 in Mumbai with a grand musical concert. Kalyanji (posthumous) and Anandji, K.J.Yesudas, lyricist Neeraj and Shashi Kapoor will be the recepients this year. Anup Jalota will be the Chief Guest.
While Yesudas has always proclaimed his reverential adulation for Rafi, Kalyanji-Anandji have scored hundreds of songs of the singers, many of which were also filmed on Shashi Kapoor, who had hits with Rafi also with other composers. Some of Neeraj's most famous songs, like Caravan guzar gaya, Likhe jo khat tujhe (Kanyadaan) and Mera man tera pyaasa (Gambler) were also sung by Rafi.
- BJP was not dependent on Dalits to win Gujarat. But the apathy may cost in other states
- Jayalalithaa and Mamata defend Mayawati, recast politics on gender lines
- The Worship of False Gods
- As Trump’s support cuts across traditional lines, Hillary Clinton has a tough task
- SH Raza He was the last of Progressive Artists’ Group titans. Only the Bindu remains
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food