Mohun Bagan to face AIFF Academy in semis; CFA meet Mahilpur Academy.
- Donald Trump mocks Indian call center, but says India a great nation
- China’s Azhar snub: India gets back with visa for rebel leader on Beijing blacklist
- Punjab: Youth charged with abduction and rape of Dalit girl surrenders in Muktsar
- AUDIO: Interview with CPM leader VS Achuthanandan
- Obama says Queen Elizabeth II 'one of my favourite people', ends UK visit
For the first time in the tournament, the free-flowing football of Mohun Bagan Academy failed to yield any goal as they played a goalless draw against Army Boys, Patna in the 11th Administrator's Challenge Cup All India Football Tournament (U-17 boys) at the Sector 17 Football Stadium on Friday. However, the result was enough to secure them a semis berth as they completed the semi-final line up along with favourites AIFF Regional Academy, Mumbai, defending champions Chandigarh Football Academy and Mahilpur Football Academy.
Unlike the previous mtahces, where the Mohun Bagan players dominated the proceedings and found the back of the net with ease, they found the going tough against Patna Boys. Despite numerous attempts, they failed to break the deadlock as the match ended in a draw.
They will now face AIFF Regional Academy in the semi-finals.
Meanwhile, in another encounter, Dalbir Academy, Patiala defeated DAV Chandigarh 5-2 in an inconsequential match. Bikrampreet opened the account for Dalbir Academy in the fifth minute of the play. Santosh Kumar then doubled the team's lead through a superb strike in the 22nd minute. Gaurav then pulled back one for DAV Chandigarh in the 43rd minute.
The DAV Chandigarh team finally managed to equalise in the 45th minute when Sandeep found the back of the net.
On resumption, Dalbir Academy scored three more goals. Two of those goals came from Balbir Singh as he netted in the 60th and 89th minutes while Santosh Kumar also bagged his second of the day in the 59th minute.
Also, Sahayatri Football Academy Howrah thrashed Gorkha Training Centre, Shillong 5-0. Bishal Santra and Chandan Shaw grabbed a brace while S.K Suraj Ali was also on the scoresheet.
In the last match, Thou Football Academy, Manipur beat Chandigarh Football Association 3-1. Jiten, Vicky and Oken Singh scored one goal each for Manipur where Sumit scored the lone goal for Chandigarh.
- The new alignment of incentives, unrest could make reservations an important political axis
- Pak seems to have woken up to the menace of an extremist consensus wrongly based on religion
- BJP won LS majority because of high corruption & even higher inflation under UPA
- Ram Madhav’s assertions do not match the ideological discourse of the RSS
- CCTVs and training courses in Oxford can’t transform school education. Mindsets need to change.
- In Tihar, more the murders, the greater your status; greater the loot, the bigger the status