Molestation charges against Gonda judicial magistrate true: Probe report
- Rahul ordinance shortcut cut loses way
- JD(U) rules out tie-up, Lalu starts own campaign, clock ticks down for Congress
- Kejriwalâs first UP rally lays ground for Modi vs him
- Vigilance complaints pile up as Delhi Police doesnât know password
- PM heads for Myanmar today in his last likely official trip abroad
The report of a fact-finding inquiry into the allegations of molestation of two girls by an additional chief judicial magistrate (ACJM) in Gonda, which was submitted to the Acting Chief Justice of Allahabad High Court on Friday, is understood to have found the allegations prima facie correct, sources said.
The ACJM was accused of molesting the girls, one of them a 15-year-old, when they appeared before him for recording their statements under Section 164 of the CrPC in two separate kidnapping cases. The girls were produced before the magistrate on January 21 by police from Kotwali police station and Khodare police station where the two cases were registered.
According to sources, Justice Sudhir Agarwal, administrative judge for Gonda district, has forwarded the report to Acting Chief Justice Shiva Kirti Singh with his recommendation for criminal action against the judicial official.
The report includes documentary evidence and recorded statements of the complainants and their parents. It was prepared by Peeyush Sharma, Additional District and Sessions Judge of Gonda.
Sources said that in the inquiry, both girls stuck to their allegations that the magistrate had molested them. The parents of the girls also backed the allegations.
The high court had ordered a fact-finding inquiry after the girls submitted a complaint to Gonda Superintendent of Police Navneet Kumar Rana that they were molested by the magistrate in his cabin and Rana forwarded the complaints to the Gonda District Judge.
The Bar Association of Gonda district court has been on a boycott of the court of the ACJM since the allegations against him came to light.
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- Aam Aadmi Party Lok Sabha 2014 Candidates – Full list
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today