Molestation complainant drunk, creates scene at police station
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
No measure of training to deal with women complainants of sexual assault could have prepared the personnel of Greater Kailash police station for one who went to lodge a complaint in an inebriated state.
According to police sources, the woman called police from the M Block market, alleging that two men had molested her friend. When police personnel reached the bar in the market from where the call had been made, they found the two women drunk.
Sources said the women were taken to the police station so that an official complaint could be registered.
But, sources said, all hell broke loose once they got to the station. According to sources, one of the women slapped and bit a woman constable on duty, while others tried to sober her down.
When they were asked to write the complaint, the woman began arguing with the policemen.
"Our officers tried to explain the procedure to her, but she would not listen. She started to throw things around and ran outside. When a woman constable tried to calm her down, she slapped her, pulled her hair and even bit her hand," a police source said.
According to sources, the woman became even more uncontrollable when she was asked to drink water and have lemon.
"She began abusing officers and staff members. It was becoming very difficult for our women staff to control her. But we could not ask our male staff to control her as it is not allowed," the source said.
Sources said the entire police station was in a state of havoc. While some were sent off to get her a lime soda, others frantically tried to give her medicines to help her calm down.
"After almost an hour, we requested the woman's friend, who was a little sober by then, to help control the woman," a police source said.
- I will protest against Arvind Kejriwal if he indulges in wrongdoing: AnnaÂ Hazare
- Amit Shah not named in supplementary chargesheet filed by CBI in Ishrat Jahan fake encounterÂ case
- Narendra Modiâ€™s Kolkata rally â€˜okayâ€™, crowd only 50,000 : VarunÂ Gandhi
- Stop personal attacks, Rahul tells spokespersons | The Indian Express