Molestation victim says cops insensitive, statement to be recorded afresh
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
The statement of a 17-year-old girl allegedly molested by five men outside her house in Wadala will be recorded afresh after the girl accused woman police personnel sent to a hospital where she was admitted after an anxiety attack of insensitivity while recording her statement.
The girl has alleged that she was molested a second time by one of the five accused after they got bail.
She is admitted to KEM hospital in Parel. RAK Marg police will record her statement afresh in the police station in presence of senior officials.
The victim, whose father is a constable with Naigaon police headquarters, had Monday alleged that police constables sent to hospital to record her statement had been insensitive to her.
"We have asked her to come to the police station to give her statement in my presence. Things will be clearer once we record her fresh statement," said Senior Police Inspector Balkrishna Garule, RAK Marg police station.
On being asked if an internal inquiry had been initiated to look into allegations of insensitivity, Garule said, "There is no inquiry as such. Let us speak to the victim. We will ask her about the insensitive treatment as well, after which we will probe that aspect further."
The police had registered a complaint against the five accused for criminal intimidation and outraging the modesty of a woman.
One of the five allegedly molested her again after he was out on bail. No case has been registered in the second case as yet.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress