‘Molester’ let off after panchayat intervention
- Malaysia Airlines plane may have turned back before vanishing, says Air force chief
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Varanasi seat row: RSS worried but believes BJP will solve it
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Venkaiah Naidu
An alleged molester was let off by the police after intervention by panchayat members at Hansi, 26 km from here, officials said Sunday.
Nand Kishorre Singla, who allegedly molested a 28-year-old woman from Jamawari village, was let off after panchayat members requested the police not to register a case against him after hearing his "apology", the police said.
The woman had come along with her brother to purchase animal feed when Singla molested her, the police said. People gathered at the spot after which Singla fled, but was later summoned to the police station. He apologised to the woman and panchayat elders.
Satisfied with the apology, panchayat members requested the police not to register a case against the trader.
Building collapses in Gujarat, two killed
Two labourers died and six were injured when a portion of a nine-storey newly constructed building collapsed on Sunday in Junagadh town of Gujarat. The incident took place in Rayjinagar area here around 5.30 am when the labourers were sleeping in the basement-parking of Nirmanidhan Apartments. According to emergency services officials, the bodies were stuck almost 20 feet under the debris and that the other six workers were rescued after a two-hour long operation. All the workers belong to Bihar.