‘Molester’ let off after panchayat intervention
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs DD: CSK wreak havoc on DD with clinical bowling
An alleged molester was let off by the police after intervention by panchayat members at Hansi, 26 km from here, officials said Sunday.
Nand Kishorre Singla, who allegedly molested a 28-year-old woman from Jamawari village, was let off after panchayat members requested the police not to register a case against him after hearing his "apology", the police said.
The woman had come along with her brother to purchase animal feed when Singla molested her, the police said. People gathered at the spot after which Singla fled, but was later summoned to the police station. He apologised to the woman and panchayat elders.
Satisfied with the apology, panchayat members requested the police not to register a case against the trader.
Building collapses in Gujarat, two killed
Two labourers died and six were injured when a portion of a nine-storey newly constructed building collapsed on Sunday in Junagadh town of Gujarat. The incident took place in Rayjinagar area here around 5.30 am when the labourers were sleeping in the basement-parking of Nirmanidhan Apartments. According to emergency services officials, the bodies were stuck almost 20 feet under the debris and that the other six workers were rescued after a two-hour long operation. All the workers belong to Bihar.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota