Mollah puts party in dock, says CPM too did nothing for Muslims
- Rohtak rally: Ambani, Modi, Rahul, media â all are corrupt, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Donât discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit to Shinde
- Fraud Office gets govt nod to prosecute Radia firms
- âStingâ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Army said unit was headed for IAF drill, ex-Air Chief says this was due only a month later
Veteran CPM leader Abdur Rezzak Mollah, who has been known for speaking his mind, on Tuesday put his party in the dock by saying no political party, including the Left Front, was "truly concerned" about the minorities and treated them as votebanks.
Speaking to The Indian Express on the sidelines of a seminar on the rights of minorities in Constitution, in Kolkata, Mollah said: "Political parties are bluffing Muslims with several promises that will never materialise. No one is willing to give facilities or the privileges to the minorities guaranteed by the Constitution. These are all gimmicks to win the elections. The previous government (Left Front) was equally guilty. They ignored the facts in the name of class struggle." He said the CPM had done a grave mistake by ignoring the Sachar report. "They should have accepted it," he added.
Mollah later met prominent Muslim leader and general secretary of Jamiat Ulama-E-Hind, Siddiqullah Chowdhury. Sources said the two discussed possibilities of forging a new front. "Yes, we had met at a common friend's place and discussed party matters. Mollah is not happy with the CPM. He said a new front should be created with Dalits and the other oppressed sections of society," Chowdhury said.
- ‘Irrespective of the noise, BJP won’t get so many seats. There is craze for Modi, but how much translates into votes is difficult to say’
- Hindus should 'produce' at least 5 children, says VHP leader Ashok Singhal
- AMU teachers body to boycott Mulayam visit
- Mulayam, Akhilesh woo Brahmins, Muslims
- ‘Sting’ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Don’t discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit writes to Shinde