Monaco eyes Bollywood to woo tourists
The Principality of Monaco is taking the Bollywood route as one of the ways to woo tourists from India and is chasing producers to shoot movies there.
The tiny city state is aiming at 25 per cent increase in the number of Indian tourist by the end of 2013 from an expected 1,500 arrivals this year.
"We stayed in Mumbai for two days and visited many producers. We are trying very strongly. It could be very interesting for us," Monaco Tourist and Convention Director of Communications and Public relations Jean-Francois Gourdon told reporters here.
Giving details about the talks, he said that the authority took suggestions from the Mumbai film fraternity and also invited them to shoot in Monaco.
Monaco Tourist and Convention Authority, which promotes Monaco and its tourist facilities across the world, is targeting Indian tourist from the upper strata.
"We received 1,500 Indian tourists in 2011. This year is going to be slightly better. We are aiming for a 25 per cent increase in the number by the end of next year," Monaco Tourist and Convention Authority Marketing Director Eric Marsan said. Terming India as an important market for them, the Monaco tourism authority expects the number of tourists to grow over the next few years.
"We expect 5,000 Indian visitors in the next few years. It's a reachable target," Monaco Tourist and Convention Director of Communications and Public relations Jean-Francois Gourdon said.Around 5 lakh tourists from all over the world visit Monaco very year.
- Geelani claims a bunch of lies: BJP
- Why ‘WHO awardee’ Anbumani is the son of his Vanniyar father first in Dharmapuri
- Polls in city four days away, big guns make a dash
- No vacancy for leadership role in party, says Shashi Tharoor
- Rajiv assassination: Karunanidhi questions timing of CJI’s remark
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, Minister says let’s call off trip