Money refunded for Michael Jackson's unused 15k pound rug
- Three students, allegedly planning to join ISIS, detained at Nagpur airport
- 'Biggest surprise of all': US media praises PM Modi's stop-over in Pakistan
- Key idea of PM's stopover: Demystify India-Pak visits, delink from outcome
- AAP government suspends three transport officials for alleged corruption
- Sadhana: The actor with the timeless elegance, the fringe and that outfit
A rug worth 15000 pounds bought by Michael Jackson three years back was returned to the shop by his entourage who got a full refund of the price.
Members of the 'Beat It' hitmaker's entourage turned up at the posh West London store with the carpet still neatly rolled and unused, reported Sun online.
They said Jackson had personally picked out the lavish 12ft by 9ft silk and wool floor covering after spotting it on the shop website in 2009 and aides had come in to pay for it.
The singer had intended to place it in his dressing room at the O2 Arena for his final concert dates ¿ but died in 2009 before he ever had a chance to use it.
Staff at The Rug Company in exclusive Holland Park were amazed when aides returned with it asking if they could have their money back.
"Michael personally chose the rug so it would complement his concert dressing room. But the tour was scrapped," a Rug Company insider said.
Despite the long time gap staff did give back the money.
"The rug was sold with a lifetime guarantee and as it was unused and in immaculate condition we paid a full refund," the insider added.