Money refunded for Michael Jackson's unused 15k pound rug
- SC stays Teesta Setalvad's arrest till Friday
- Arvind Kejriwal meets PM Modi, raises issue of statehood
- We moved from politics of agitation to politics of hope, says Yogendra Yadav
- After Modi's rap, BJP workers shelve NaMo temple project in Rajkot
- Nitish parades his numbers, Bihar Governor calls Manjhi for floor test
A rug worth 15000 pounds bought by Michael Jackson three years back was returned to the shop by his entourage who got a full refund of the price.
Members of the 'Beat It' hitmaker's entourage turned up at the posh West London store with the carpet still neatly rolled and unused, reported Sun online.
They said Jackson had personally picked out the lavish 12ft by 9ft silk and wool floor covering after spotting it on the shop website in 2009 and aides had come in to pay for it.
The singer had intended to place it in his dressing room at the O2 Arena for his final concert dates ¿ but died in 2009 before he ever had a chance to use it.
Staff at The Rug Company in exclusive Holland Park were amazed when aides returned with it asking if they could have their money back.
"Michael personally chose the rug so it would complement his concert dressing room. But the tour was scrapped," a Rug Company insider said.
Despite the long time gap staff did give back the money.
"The rug was sold with a lifetime guarantee and as it was unused and in immaculate condition we paid a full refund," the insider added.
The firm, which also supplies Madonna with rugs for her tours, has since put Jackson's back on sale.