Monorail rises in East, work starts in 2 months
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- SC allows annual cap of 20m tonnes of iron ore mining in Goa
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Pt Channulal Mishra backs Modi but Bismillah's family won't
Officials said there will be a common payment counter for both monorail and Metro at the interchange stations.
"The integration of monorail and Metro would be smooth and seamless. The arrangement would be such that the interchange of the monorail connects to the payment counter of the Metro. We are also planning common ticketing for the two," Singh said.
Three-coach monorail trains will run at a frequency of 4.5 minutes in the initial stage. The frequency will be increased to 2.5 minutes later. Similar to Delhi Metro, monorail trains will also run at a speed of 80 kmph. The fare, too, is expected to be similar to that of Metro, an official said.
The expected daily ridership on the corridor is around 1.5 lakh passengers.
The closed packed areas of East Delhi will be a challenge for the construction of monorail. Stretches like Raja Ram Kohli Marg, Geeta Colony and Ganesh Nagar have been identified as among the busiest on the route.
"Monorail will be a technological feat. We will deploy techniques so that vibrations are not felt by the dwellers. Arrangements with the traffic police will be made to ensure minimum traffic disruption," Singh said.
"Monorail would be a boon for comfort and convenience of the commuters. It would help discourage private vehicles," Dikshit said.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota