Monsoon session extended by a day in consideration of key bills
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subarta Roy stays in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
The Monsoon Session of Parliament has been extended by a day till Saturday to ensure passage of certain key measures including the Land Acquisition Bill.
Instead of Friday the last sitting will now be held on Saturday, the Cabinet Committee on Parliamentary Affairs decided on Thursday.
The decision to extend the session came as the Government wants to pass important measures including Land Acquisition Bill and Pensions Fund Regulatory and Development Authority Bill.
The Monsoon Session was scheduled to end on August 30 but was extended till September 6.
This is the second extension of the ongoing session.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath had indicated on Wednesday that the Monsoon Session may be further extended.