Monsoon to hit UP on June 15
- BJP party of fake Ram bhakts, will contest all seats in ’17, says Shiv Sena
- To speed up infra projects, stay out of wildlife clearance, Govt tells SC
- PM woos German investors, promises stable environment
- Koraput lynching: Only 6 policemen to control armed mob of ‘200 villagers’
- It's Official: Hillary Clinton to kick off White house bid
Relief from the hot weather is not very far. The southwest monsoon is likely to hit the state on June 15 and the capital on June 18, according to the Meteorological department.
The monsoon hit the coast of Kerala on June 5, six days late as compared to last year.
J C Gupta, Director of the Meteorological Centre, said: "Despite being six days late in Kerala, the monsoon is expected to arrive in UP on the usual dates as there is no progressive delay in its movement. By the end of June, it will cover all of UP."
The monsoon will cover the entire country only by mid-July.
Last monsoon, Lucknow received a total of 812.6 millimetre rainfall, with the maximum reported in August at 278.8 millimetre. "It will be similar this time around," he said.