Monsoon to hit UP on June 15
- IAF An-32 aircraft missing: Manohar Parrikar undertakes aerial survey of search operations
- Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as running mate
- Judith D'souza, Indian kidnapped in Kabul, rescued: Sushma Swaraj
- Bhagwant Mann interview: 'I just wanted to show system of draw of lots in Zero Hour'
- Toll climbs to 46, Rajnath visits Kashmir valley today
Relief from the hot weather is not very far. The southwest monsoon is likely to hit the state on June 15 and the capital on June 18, according to the Meteorological department.
The monsoon hit the coast of Kerala on June 5, six days late as compared to last year.
J C Gupta, Director of the Meteorological Centre, said: "Despite being six days late in Kerala, the monsoon is expected to arrive in UP on the usual dates as there is no progressive delay in its movement. By the end of June, it will cover all of UP."
The monsoon will cover the entire country only by mid-July.