Monsoon to hit UP on June 15
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Relief from the hot weather is not very far. The southwest monsoon is likely to hit the state on June 15 and the capital on June 18, according to the Meteorological department.
The monsoon hit the coast of Kerala on June 5, six days late as compared to last year.
J C Gupta, Director of the Meteorological Centre, said: "Despite being six days late in Kerala, the monsoon is expected to arrive in UP on the usual dates as there is no progressive delay in its movement. By the end of June, it will cover all of UP."
The monsoon will cover the entire country only by mid-July.
Last monsoon, Lucknow received a total of 812.6 millimetre rainfall, with the maximum reported in August at 278.8 millimetre. "It will be similar this time around," he said.