Monthly’s editor, 2 aides held for Oct 3 arson
- Quota row: Curfew imposed in Gujarat's Mehsana district
- Indrani Mukherjea, former Star TV CEO Peter Mukherjea's wife, arrested on murder charge
- India's population 121.09 crore; Hindus 79.8 pc, Muslims 14.2 pc: Census
- Kejriwal meets PM Modi, talks about better Centre-State relation
- BJP registers comfortable win in Bengaluru civic polls, setback for Congress
City Detection of Crime Branch (DCB) has arrested the editor of a local magazine and two others in connection with the October 3 arson in Karanj area. The three arrested have been identified as Usman Qureshi, editor of the local Gujarati monthly Ameen who lives in Shahpur area, one Asif from Jamalpur and one Bobby from Vatva area.
Usman was picked up from his house on Thursday afternoon for questioning before being arrested on Friday for helping Zarina Khan, the prime suspect in the case relating to violent protests against an allegedly anti-Islam film made by a US national.
Inspector R D Jadeja, who is probing the case, said Usman was found rioting and torching vehicles. "He had also conspired with Zarina Khan to gather crowd for the rally that later turned violent," he said.