Monthly’s editor, 2 aides held for Oct 3 arson
- Elections 2014 LIVE: 60 pc voting in Bengal till 1 pm; Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
City Detection of Crime Branch (DCB) has arrested the editor of a local magazine and two others in connection with the October 3 arson in Karanj area. The three arrested have been identified as Usman Qureshi, editor of the local Gujarati monthly Ameen who lives in Shahpur area, one Asif from Jamalpur and one Bobby from Vatva area.
Usman was picked up from his house on Thursday afternoon for questioning before being arrested on Friday for helping Zarina Khan, the prime suspect in the case relating to violent protests against an allegedly anti-Islam film made by a US national.
Inspector R D Jadeja, who is probing the case, said Usman was found rioting and torching vehicles. "He had also conspired with Zarina Khan to gather crowd for the rally that later turned violent," he said.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18