Monthly’s editor, 2 aides held for Oct 3 arson
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
City Detection of Crime Branch (DCB) has arrested the editor of a local magazine and two others in connection with the October 3 arson in Karanj area. The three arrested have been identified as Usman Qureshi, editor of the local Gujarati monthly Ameen who lives in Shahpur area, one Asif from Jamalpur and one Bobby from Vatva area.
Usman was picked up from his house on Thursday afternoon for questioning before being arrested on Friday for helping Zarina Khan, the prime suspect in the case relating to violent protests against an allegedly anti-Islam film made by a US national.
Inspector R D Jadeja, who is probing the case, said Usman was found rioting and torching vehicles. "He had also conspired with Zarina Khan to gather crowd for the rally that later turned violent," he said.