- Malaysian plane crashes off Vietnam coast; 5 Indians on board
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
Nupur Nanal and Manasi Raautt's exhibition comprises photographs that catch different moods of people from across the world
With her back towards, what seems to be, the calm waters of an island in Greece, a woman sits comfortably at a table in a local café. She seems to be in deep thought, with a cigarette in her right hand that's almost burnt to the stub. "I met this woman in Paros, Greece, where I was studying. While we were randomly chatting, she suggested that I visit this beautiful island close by, and added with a pause, 'But make sure you are in love when you go there. And even if you are not, you will'. After making that weird statement, she put her flag down and effortlessly continued bathing in the sun, smoking a cigarette. I couldn't help myself but take her picture," says photographer Nupur Nanal. Moods such as these are caught on celluloid by the photographer duo Nanal and Manasi Raautt, which are displayed at an exhibition titled "Mood Swings".
The exhibition showcases various moods of people from all across the globe. It is being held at Ark Gallery, Koregaon Park, from November 30 to December 2.
Interestingly, the Greek woman's photograph is in monochrome. "I feel that the tonality of the image dominates the colour. Expressions are strongly denoted in greyscale rather than high definition colour," adds 25-year-old Nanal, who believes in keeping her photographs black-and-white so that her audience can fill in the colour through their imagination.
While Nanal's photographs are in shades of grey, Raautt's works boast vibrant hues. A photograph of a ladder peeking out of a small window of a lime green coloured building, tells a story that is left for further interpretation by its viewers. It was taken in Lavasa.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today