- Thank the Lord he is dead, this son of a gun: Thatâs a lift from the epitaph Khushwant Singh wrote for himself
- âCredible sightingsâ in ocean offer âbest leadâ yet on missing plane
- Mayawati sees âcommunal plotâ in Modi, Mulayam seat choices
- After Adavni, itâs Jaswant sulking now
- RSS gives Advani illusion of choice
Remo D'Souza's second directorial, Any Body Can Dance (ABCD) wrapped up in record time. "We have set a benchmark by completing the shoot of a 3D venture in just 67 days," says the director who commenced shooting the movie in February and wrapped it up in the first week of June.
ABCD is a dance-based film and stars choreographers Prabhudheva and Ganesh Acharya along with actor Kay Kay Menon and the So You Think You Can Dance (SYTYCD) contestant Lauren Gottlieb in pivotal roles.
Though addressed as the Michael Jackson of India, Prabhudheva had a tough time initially. Reveals Remo, "We have also signed some of the best dancers from the dance reality show, Dance India Dance, like Prince, Dharmesh and Salman. When Prabhudheva got to know about this he was a bit worried as he wondered if he would be able to match his steps with that of the new age dancers. But, once he started, he actually burned the dance floor."
Talking about casting Lauren, Remo said that he was impressed by her performance of the Bollywood dance style on SYTYCD and decided to cast her in the film.
"Though she is not from India, Lauren was very much at ease on the sets. She would chat with anybody so that she would get the hang of Hindi language. She was comfortable with everyone, right from her co-stars to the spot boys and the technicians. She even enjoyed the set ka khana and couldn't resist binging on chicken tikka and tandoori," laughs the director.
Currently under post production, ABCD will be ready for release by the end of this year.
- BJP has a Tamil Nadu front, if the allies do stick together
- Kapil Sibal files papers, says no Modi wave in Chandni Chowk
- RSS gives L K Advani illusion of choice
- Nandan Nilekani, wife declare assets worth Rs 7,700 cr
- After Advani, it’s Jaswant Singh sulking now
- Mayawati sees ‘communal plot’ in Modi, Mulayam seat choices