Morcha team meets governor
- Supreme Court denies bail for Sahara chief Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi HC upholds death sentence of four convicts
- US investigators suspect missing Malaysia jetliner flew for hours after losing contact
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
- US court dismisses Devyani Khobragade's indictment in visa fraud case
A Gorkha Janmukti Morcha delegation led by three GJM MLAs — Triloknath Dewan, Harka Bahadur Chhetri and Rohit Sharma — on Friday met Governor M K Narayanan.
"We have brought certain issues to his notice. We told him that the autonomy which the GTA was given is not honoured in recent days. The government is taking many steps without consulting the GTA," said Dewan.
The Morcha leaders also expressed their displeasure over the formation of the Lepcha Development Council. They demanded that the Morcha and GTA should have a senior principal secretary.
The delegation also protested against the move to upgrade North Bengal University as the central university.