Morcha team meets governor
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Modi: Omar Abdullah
- Supreme Court lifts mining ban in Goa, caps iron ore volume
- PMO begins work on Presidentâs Parliament speech for next govt
- In this TN seat, Cong, BJP and AAP take centrestage
- To prevent polarisation, EC tells Delhi Police âdonât publicise workâ
A Gorkha Janmukti Morcha delegation led by three GJM MLAs — Triloknath Dewan, Harka Bahadur Chhetri and Rohit Sharma — on Friday met Governor M K Narayanan.
"We have brought certain issues to his notice. We told him that the autonomy which the GTA was given is not honoured in recent days. The government is taking many steps without consulting the GTA," said Dewan.
The Morcha leaders also expressed their displeasure over the formation of the Lepcha Development Council. They demanded that the Morcha and GTA should have a senior principal secretary.
The delegation also protested against the move to upgrade North Bengal University as the central university.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready