More banks follow with rate cuts
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
More banks have announced a reduction in lending rates following the Reserve Bank decision cut repo rate and cash reserve requirements of banks by 0.25 per cent each.
Indian Bank cut its base rate by 0.30 per cent to 10.20 per cent with effect from February 9. It has also decided to cut its benchmark prime lending rate by 0.25 per cent to 14.50 per cent. Oriental Bank of Commerce has cut its base rate by 0.15 per cent to 10.25 per cent from February 25. The reduction in base rate would make loans such as auto and home cheaper.