More buses to tackle rush on Basant Panchami
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS; Lok Sabha elections battle between two completely different ideologies, says Sonia Gandhi
- Elections 2014 Live: BJP workers embarrass Murli Joshi by shouting pro-Modi slogans
The administration said that a preliminary look at the CCTV footage of platform number six did not indicate any instance of lathicharge, which was believed to have triggered the stampede. "The preliminary look only suggests that there were lots of people. Somebody toppled near the stairs and several people, with all their belongings fell on each other," said an official.
Thirty of the 36 bodies were identified on Tuesday.
'Intense rain at Sangam from Feb 15'
Lucknow: The Meteorological Department has forecast "intense rainfall" for three days over the Sangam area of Allahabad as compared to other parts of the state from February 15. Deputy Director General of Meteorology O P Singh further said that the Sangam area will receive moderate rainfall with one or two heavy spells on February 16 and 17. He added that after rain, the minimum temperature will fall significantly, leading to fog and a chilly spell from February 18 for two to three days.
- Sonia, Rahul must come clean on issues raised in the books:BJP
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign