More carcasses exhumed; one death unreported
- India’s surgical strikes along LoC show intent to act strongly against terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls up Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror'
- PM Modi holds Cabinet Committee on Security meeting; Rajnath, Jaitley, Doval present
- Narendra Modi's review meet on MFN status to Pak postponed to next week
- Day after sharing terror information with Pakistan, NIA revises details
Carcasses of two more chitals were recovered from Kanpur zoo premises on Thursday afternoon. One of them had been buried without any autopsy being conducted on it and the killing was also not reported to the higher authorities.
Zoo Director K Thomas said the death of one of the chitals had been reported while that of the other had not been reported. Thomas said the carcass of a chital was exhumed from near the entry of the zoo in the afternoon and it was found that no autopsy had been performed on it. He said they were going to get the autopsy conducted on it. "The carcass is very old and it seems to be of a male. He said they were waiting for the doctors from outside zoo to get the autopsy conducted — just as the government has instructed," he said.
Thomas added that the government had asked them to scan the whole zoo area to search for the carcasses buried without autopsies, so they will continue with the combing operations in the area to exhume any other such carcasses buried there. This is the third carcass of a chital that has been exhumed from the zoo since Sunday, which had been buried without any autopsy being conducted on it.
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment