More cops than lovers as city witnesses muted Valentine’s Day celebrations
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
" I feel the day has been over hyped and people have lost their interest in it as there is nothing new that the city has to offer, " said Kanupriya, a student of Panjab University.
332 challans issued, PCR gets three calls of sexual molestation
The city traffic police stepped up their presence on Valentine's Day with as many as 16 nakas across Chandigarh to regulate traffic on Thursday. In all, 332 challans were issued by Traffic Police for various violations.
Most of the challans were of over-speeding (155), black film (47) and triple riding on two wheelers. Some joint naka of police stations, Police Control Rooms (PCR), IRB and the Crime Branch were also put on from 8 am to 3.30 pm on the geri route and other busy streets. PCR received three calls of sexual molestation.
During the joint naka 32 challans were issued for various violations. Beside, nine vehicles were impounded for violating traffic rules. Traffic police collected total cash worth Rs 34,700 on the spot as the compounding fee of the traffic challans.