More Marathi actors join MNS
- Missing Malaysian jetliner: Plane's disappearance deliberate, says Malaysian PM
- Eyes on UP prize, Narendra Modi set for Varanasi
- Arrest warrant issued against Devyani Khobragade in US visa fraud case
- Unfazed, Arvind Kejriwal fires yet another salvo at media
- CRPF says police stalled its plan, may have averted Maoist ambush
Days after item girl Rakhi Sawant joined the cineworkers' association of the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS), more prominent actors from the Marathi film industry joined the organisation on Thursday. Leading Marathi actors Makrand Anaspure, Ajinkya Deo, Prasad Oak, Sayaji Shinde, Vinay Yedekar and Laxmikant Berde's wife Priya joined the organisation on Thursday.
The Maharastra Navnirman Chitrapat Karmachari Sena (MNCKS) has enrolled around 10,000 technicians, artistes and workers from the film industry during their recruitment drive this month. "There are many problems in promoting Marathi films, including paucity of funds for advertising and availability of theaters. We are joining MNS because they have worked for our Marathi film industry," said Anaspure. MNCKS general secretary Shalini Thackeray said the membership drive had been successful and helped them reach out to more people within the industry.
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- Trouble in alliance with Congress, TRS turns to BJP
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy