More Marathi actors join MNS
- Pravin Togadia under fire over hate-speech, RSS says comments fabricated
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- Elections 2014 LIVE: BJP blocked Telangana Bill in Parliament, says Rahul Gandhi
Days after item girl Rakhi Sawant joined the cineworkers' association of the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS), more prominent actors from the Marathi film industry joined the organisation on Thursday. Leading Marathi actors Makrand Anaspure, Ajinkya Deo, Prasad Oak, Sayaji Shinde, Vinay Yedekar and Laxmikant Berde's wife Priya joined the organisation on Thursday.
The Maharastra Navnirman Chitrapat Karmachari Sena (MNCKS) has enrolled around 10,000 technicians, artistes and workers from the film industry during their recruitment drive this month. "There are many problems in promoting Marathi films, including paucity of funds for advertising and availability of theaters. We are joining MNS because they have worked for our Marathi film industry," said Anaspure. MNCKS general secretary Shalini Thackeray said the membership drive had been successful and helped them reach out to more people within the industry.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota