More security for Modi: Policewomen in plainclothes
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
While BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi's security cover has become a subject of debate between his party and the Congress, the Gujarat Police have provided him an additional security ring — policewomen in plainclothes.
"He has always been on the hitlist of terror outfits. We also have inputs that he faces threat from women terrorists. As women attend his rallies and ground functions in large numbers, women constables have been made a part of his security ring," confirmed a top police official.
Modi already has 45 commandos from the National Security Guard and Gujarat Police as part of his security cover.
"The arrangement is especially for ground functions, not for rallies where he is on the stage. Ground functions, where is likely to interact with the audience, are generally limited to Gujarat," said Additional Chief Secretary (Home) S K Nanda. "Given the large number of women in the audience during his functions, this has become necessary,'' he added.
The women, wearing salwar suits or pants and shirts, were visible at recent seminars and conferences attended by Modi in Gandhinagar.
"The home department has given instructions for woman security personnel to be deployed wherever he goes in Gujarat," said an official.
- Modi govt abetted and pushed 2002 riots further, we didnâ€™t in â€™84:Â Rahul
- Rahul gifts his land near Vadraâ€™s in Haryana village to sisterÂ Priyanka
- Indiaâ€™s biggest failing | The Indian Express
- Hrithik Roshan, Hrithik Roshan Bang Bang, Hrithik Roshan starts shooting, Hrithik Roshan Katrina Kaif, Katrina Kaif bang bang | The Indian Express