More than 30 people injured in bus accident in London
- Congress wants Amit Shah held, BJP says nation shares his views
- Advani: Modi not my protege, a brilliant events manager
- Modi absent from Varunâs campaign, as is largely any BJP mention
- Pak bike-snatchers turned terrorists for IMâs âjihad liteâ
- Unruffled Indian team lets hair down with PS3, selfies, soccer
Over 30 people were injured, six of them seriously, when a double-decker bus swerved to avoid a vehicle and hit a tree here, officials have said.
The accident took place on Friday when the bus heading to King's Cross in south London hit the tree near the Ship pub on Kennington Road, Transport for London officials said yesterday.
Two passengers who were trapped inside the bus had to be freed, London Fire Brigade officials said.
London Ambulance Service said it treated 32 patients in total out of which 25 people were "walking wounded" with cuts and bruises, BBC reported.
The more seriously hurt had mostly head and leg injuries, but none of them are in a life-threatening condition.
The Metropolitan Police said one of the seriously injured people was a male police officer, who was on duty and in uniform. He sustained a broken elbow and a pelvic injury.
An investigation has been launched by officers from the Collision Investigation Unit but nobody were arrested yet.
- History-sheeter shot at by unidentified assailants at Govandi
- BMC gets 75K applications for 942 posts of clerks
- Sena corporator Yashodhar Phanse new chairman of BMC standing committee
- ‘Principal leaked paper to cop’s son out of goodwill’; both remanded in 5-day custody
- Juvenile board miffed at raking up convicts’ past
- Ahead of state polls, Rane says Cong ‘hasn’t used his full potential’