More water released from Ukai Dam as level reaches danger mark
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
Ukai Dam authorities have released nearly one lakh cusecs of water from 22 gates as the water level almost touched the rule level 334.55 feet.
Ukai Dam receives a large inflow from the catchment areas in Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh and the heavy rainfall in the neighbouring states has led to a constant rise in the water level in the dam. With this fresh discharge from the dam, two turbines have also started generating power. The Ukai Dam authorities had on Friday maintained the rule level by discharging 43,000 cusecs of water.
On Saturday, again the water inflow at Ukai dam increased to 41,345 cusecs following which, the authorities decided to discharge 99,024 cusecs of water to maintain the rule level.
The water level at Ukai dam had reached to 334.74 feet while the danger level is 345 feet.
However, authorities maintained that with the discharge will not effect the Surat city area. The Surat Municipal Corporation officials said they are also trying to keep a tab on the creeks.
Superintendent Engineer N P Chauhan said, "We are closely monitoring the water level in the dam and the discharge from the upstream areas. We don't want to take any risk and therefore, we have released nearly one lakh cusec water from the dam. Last three years, the water level has not crossed 334 feet. We are working on how to store the water, so that we can use it in future."
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress