More water released from Ukai Dam as level reaches danger mark
- India hits back, says only issue in Kashmir is how to free PoK from Pakistan
- Hydraulic failure forces AI plane to make emergency landing
- Body found in Raigad forest is of Sheena, confirms DNA sample report
- Market back to levels when Narendra Modi came to power
- Two Indians taken into custody in Bangkok bombing case
Ukai Dam authorities have released nearly one lakh cusecs of water from 22 gates as the water level almost touched the rule level 334.55 feet.
Ukai Dam receives a large inflow from the catchment areas in Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh and the heavy rainfall in the neighbouring states has led to a constant rise in the water level in the dam. With this fresh discharge from the dam, two turbines have also started generating power. The Ukai Dam authorities had on Friday maintained the rule level by discharging 43,000 cusecs of water.
On Saturday, again the water inflow at Ukai dam increased to 41,345 cusecs following which, the authorities decided to discharge 99,024 cusecs of water to maintain the rule level.
The water level at Ukai dam had reached to 334.74 feet while the danger level is 345 feet.
However, authorities maintained that with the discharge will not effect the Surat city area. The Surat Municipal Corporation officials said they are also trying to keep a tab on the creeks.