'Most Americans are happily overweight'
- Political parties can't be under RTI Act: Centre tells Supreme Court
- US stocks plunge in early trade; Dow Jones falls more than 1,000 points
- Black Monday: Sensex crashes 1,624 pts; Rs 7-lakh cr wiped out
- OROP row escalates, ex-serviceman on fast-unto-death shifted to hospital
- UN court to India: Suspend all trials against Italian marines
According to a 2010 research study, nearly 40 per cent of overweight women believe themselves to be thinner than they really are, the report said.
That study also found that, contrary to most women thinking they are too fat, only 16 per cent of normal-weight women in the study perceived themselves as overweight.