Most imaginative mile-high proposals revealed
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats BJP PM candidate Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- BJP complains to EC over St Xavier principal's criticism of Modi's Guj model of development
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi attacks Gandhis, says family going strong for 60 years, time to build a strong nation
From the embarrassing to the accidental and creative, romance can blossom in the skies or fall apart.
In a survey by travel search website Wego.com, passengers have shared their plane romantic stories involving marriage proposals, break ups and reconciliation.
In-flight proposals were quite frequent, with a range of methods used. Rings were dropped into wine glasses and men got down on bended knees in the aisles, News.com.au reported.
But there were some more imaginative mile-high proposals.
One man stood up just as turbulence was hitting the plane and fell onto the chest of a female passenger, who wasn't his partner. He saved the day by proposing to his girlfriend then and there.
Another asked a cabin crew member to crawl on the floor pretending she'd lost her engagement ring so he could "find it" and propose to his girlfriend. All fellow passengers received champaign to celebrate.
Some have even heard cabin crew declaring their love over the intercom.
During a Valentine's Day flight a passenger received a kiss from a flight attendant after volunteering to sing a love song.
Passengers have met their soul mates on board planes, with flirtation turning into long-term romances and marriage.
One such story was that of a man on a flight to the Philippines who opened the overhead bin to retrieve an item. As he was doing this a flower he'd bought for his mother fell onto the lap of a beautiful woman. She became his wife.
But it did not end on a happy note for the rest, as some ended up flying straight into drama.
A man watched a fellow passenger flirt intently with a flight attendant, eventually informing him that she was his wife.
Another saw a husband singing love songs to win back his wife's love after a mid-flight argument.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target against Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'