Mother heartbroken as she was unable to save son
- RJD splits as 13 MLAs desert Lalu Prasad for Nitish Kumar, but six âreturnâ
- No death penalty for Italian marines, Centre tells Supreme Court
- Rahul slams Modi on migrant issue, says BJP playing divisive politics
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination case: SC to hear Centre's plea on restraining TN govt from releasing convicts
- Leopard on the loose in Meerut, officials order closure of schools and colleges
In a tragic case, a paralysed wheelchair-bound mother in UK saw her 12-year old prankster son hang himself to death before her eyes and she couldn't reach up to save him.
Marlowe Isaac Myers, a 'happy' schoolboy and a well-known prankster, may have been trying to play a joke on his mother that went wrong, an inquest heard yesterday.
The boy was found hanging from a kitchen coat hook in his Cambridge home with the zip of his fastened jacket compressed against the front of his neck.
Police officers investigating his death found a chair beside the hook, perhaps suggesting that he could have tried to wear his coat while it was still on the hook.
Nicki Myers, his 39-year old disabled mother, desperately tried to cut him down with a kitchen knife but was unable to reach him from her wheelchair and had to fetch a larger knife while he continued to choke.
Paramedics tried to save the life of the schoolboy, also called Isaac, but he was declared dead at hospital.
- 4 more bodies found on Arunachal border, curfew in Assam town
- ‘Polls have come in the way of new norms for tech institutes’
- Food security Act also covers foreign nationals, refugees, says Law Ministry
- Lokayukta meets Bhardwaj over Bill
- Days before school admissions start, HC order on RTE creates confusion
- NGO seeks funds to train HIV+ patients