Mother heartbroken as she was unable to save son
- Government issues high alert, says Islamic State expanding area of terror
- Putin vows to hunt down those who bombed Russian plane in Egypt
- Mani Shankar Aiyar to Pakistan channel: Remove Modi for talks to resume
- Chittoor Mayor shot dead while trying to save husband
- Hyderabad nursery student dies after head gets stuck in school lift
In a tragic case, a paralysed wheelchair-bound mother in UK saw her 12-year old prankster son hang himself to death before her eyes and she couldn't reach up to save him.
Marlowe Isaac Myers, a 'happy' schoolboy and a well-known prankster, may have been trying to play a joke on his mother that went wrong, an inquest heard yesterday.
The boy was found hanging from a kitchen coat hook in his Cambridge home with the zip of his fastened jacket compressed against the front of his neck.
Police officers investigating his death found a chair beside the hook, perhaps suggesting that he could have tried to wear his coat while it was still on the hook.
Nicki Myers, his 39-year old disabled mother, desperately tried to cut him down with a kitchen knife but was unable to reach him from her wheelchair and had to fetch a larger knife while he continued to choke.
- Europe’s challenge: Find a political solution to the quagmire in West Asia
- Surrogacy isn’t morally reprehensible, surrogates should be seen as workers
- One world, one battlefield
- With five states polling soon, the great Indian election will continue without recess
- Why Stockholm punches above its weight in innovation and entrepreneurship
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since