Mother is my role model: Ben Affleck
- If Pakistan has sympathy for Kashmiri youth, they shouldn’t provoke them to attack army camps: Mehbooba Mufti
- Dhaka cafe attack mastermind, 2 others killed in police encounter
- Rio 2016 review: What they did at home, what in Olympics
- Buzz of change in Maldives, Mohammed Nasheed flies secretly to Lanka
- Kashmir: Police constable shot dead by terrorists
Actor-director Ben Affleck credits his mother for bringing him up to know the rights and wrongs in the world and says she is his role model.
Affleck's mother, Christine, was the one who got him and his brother Casey into acting via a casting agent she knew, reported Ok! magazine.
"She is an exceptional woman. She has been my role model. She was a really attentive, loving mother and she always made it clear growing up that there is a right way and a wrong way to treat people and that they are not here to tend to my whims and desires," he said.
The 40-year-old, who has kids Violet, seven, Seraphina, four and Samuel with wife Jennifer Garner, also feels grateful to have a healthy family of his own.
"I'm very lucky. And I feel blessed to look around and see that I've got a healthy family. And a job! So yeah, I'm in a pretty good zone right now. So far so good. But I say that, and then I'll go home to everything exploding," he added.
- Dalits are angry about the hollowness of the current hyper-nationalism
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s slogan of 'insaniyat, Kashmiriat' has no meaning today
- Kejriwal’s attention is fixed on winning the Centre rather than making mohallas run better
- Inside Track: Turf tussle
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.