Mother is my role model: Ben Affleck
- Turkey twin blasts: At least 86 killed, 186 injured; PM says attack could be suicide bombings
- I have become a victim of party's internal politics, says sacked AAP minister Asim Ahmed
- Now, Malayalam novelist Sarah Joseph returns her Sahitya Academy award
- Nawaz Sharif invites Hurriyat leader Geelani to Pakistan
- Indrani Mukerjea collapsed due to weakness; no drug overdose or poison, say jail authorities
Actor-director Ben Affleck credits his mother for bringing him up to know the rights and wrongs in the world and says she is his role model.
Affleck's mother, Christine, was the one who got him and his brother Casey into acting via a casting agent she knew, reported Ok! magazine.
"She is an exceptional woman. She has been my role model. She was a really attentive, loving mother and she always made it clear growing up that there is a right way and a wrong way to treat people and that they are not here to tend to my whims and desires," he said.
The 40-year-old, who has kids Violet, seven, Seraphina, four and Samuel with wife Jennifer Garner, also feels grateful to have a healthy family of his own.
"I'm very lucky. And I feel blessed to look around and see that I've got a healthy family. And a job! So yeah, I'm in a pretty good zone right now. So far so good. But I say that, and then I'll go home to everything exploding," he added.