Mother is my role model: Ben Affleck
- What signal is Obama administration sending by selling more F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan?
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurates 'Make in India Week' in Mumbai
- JNU student leader held on ‘sedition’ charges over Afzal Guru event
- JNU arrests over Afzal Guru event are ill-judged, threatens basic rights
- Live updates from the David Headley deposition before Mumbai court
Actor-director Ben Affleck credits his mother for bringing him up to know the rights and wrongs in the world and says she is his role model.
Affleck's mother, Christine, was the one who got him and his brother Casey into acting via a casting agent she knew, reported Ok! magazine.
"She is an exceptional woman. She has been my role model. She was a really attentive, loving mother and she always made it clear growing up that there is a right way and a wrong way to treat people and that they are not here to tend to my whims and desires," he said.
The 40-year-old, who has kids Violet, seven, Seraphina, four and Samuel with wife Jennifer Garner, also feels grateful to have a healthy family of his own.
"I'm very lucky. And I feel blessed to look around and see that I've got a healthy family. And a job! So yeah, I'm in a pretty good zone right now. So far so good. But I say that, and then I'll go home to everything exploding," he added.