Mother is my role model: Ben Affleck
- Navjot Sidhu: Quit RS because I was told to stay away from Punjab
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya on bank plea seeking contempt proceedings
- Journalists' visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions
- Parliament LIVE: Speaker Mahajan advises Mann not to attend proceedings till decision arrived at
Actor-director Ben Affleck credits his mother for bringing him up to know the rights and wrongs in the world and says she is his role model.
Affleck's mother, Christine, was the one who got him and his brother Casey into acting via a casting agent she knew, reported Ok! magazine.
"She is an exceptional woman. She has been my role model. She was a really attentive, loving mother and she always made it clear growing up that there is a right way and a wrong way to treat people and that they are not here to tend to my whims and desires," he said.
The 40-year-old, who has kids Violet, seven, Seraphina, four and Samuel with wife Jennifer Garner, also feels grateful to have a healthy family of his own.
"I'm very lucky. And I feel blessed to look around and see that I've got a healthy family. And a job! So yeah, I'm in a pretty good zone right now. So far so good. But I say that, and then I'll go home to everything exploding," he added.
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food
- Turkey’s coup reveals the fragile relationship between Islam and democracy
- The Sangh Parivar has furthered the colonial understanding of India’s past
- Better state support and supportive social environment can help independent filmmakers
- Next Door Nepal: Chinese checkers
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi