Mother leaves toddler tethered 'like a dog'
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
A 4-year-old girl was reportedly leashed 'like a dog,' outside a bookies by a woman who seemed to be her mother, leaving her alone for around three minutes in a busy shopping street.
The woman restrained the blonde curly-haired toddler with a set of baby reins and held on to the lead, which she fed it under the door of the Ladbrokes betting shop, as she went inside, the Mirror reported.
While the girl was left peering through the bookstores door waiting for the woman to return, shocked office workers filmed the scene from their workplace window across the road in Bognor Regis, West Sussex.
In the video footage, the colleagues were heard saying- "She's like a dog – oh my God she's like a dog!"
On the other hand, a witness revealed how the woman, who wore a light brown coat and black trousers, came with the baby girl and tied her while she went into the shop.
"I saw the woman bending down to the bottom of the door. At first I thought the child was stuck but she was actually feeding the reins under the door. I couldn't believe it," the newspaper quoted a witness as saying.
"I kept an eye on the door to make sure the little girl would be OK. I was waiting for the woman to come out. She must have been in there for two or three minutes," the witness added.
When the woman came out of the shop she untangled the girl and led her away, as if it was no big deal.