Mother motivated me to do Spring Breakers: Selena Gomez
- Coal scam: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh summoned as accused in Hindalco case
- Supreme Court hands out life term to six convicts in Manjunath murder case
- AAP Delhi MLAs write letter seeking expulsion of Yadav, Bhushan: Reports
- Land to Mines to coal, Oppn stands stall in RS
- BJP line to restive RSS: our ministers may quit if PDP doesn’t behave
Actress Selena Gomez says she felt fearless going into filming her upcoming flick Spring Breakers, especially since her mother was one of her biggest advocates for doing the racy film.
"I wasn't scared. I definitely wanted to do this. I thought it would be a great opportunity for me, and Harmony (Korine, the director) explained the movie perfectly and that's the reason why I chose to do the film.
"I didn't really know what I was getting myself into but while we were there, it was incredible to create and to play and it was liberating," she said.
The 20-year-old stars alongside Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Benson and James Franco in the movie, which tells the story of four girls who find themselves in jail after robbing restaurants to fund their spring break shenanigans, reported Access Hollywood.
Selena Gomez said that despite any uncertainty she had initially, her mother was always one of her biggest supporters.
"She loves this kind of vibe. She's super into indie movies and indie directors. I think it was more of her pushing me and being like, you should go for it."