Rape capital: Mother of 4 gangraped, 3 molested
- Delhi High Court raps MCD for strike, says common people are suffering
- Delhi air will never be safe because of its geographical disadvantage: Panel tells High Court
- Tanzanian student targeted because she was black, says envoy
- Supreme Court tells BCCI: Fall in line, Lodha panel report deserves respect
- Adarsh scam: CBI gets Maha Governor's nod to prosecute Ashok Chavan
A 40-year-old woman was gangraped and three others were molested in different parts of the city in the last 48 hours.
A mother of four, based in Welcome, Northeast Delhi, was gangraped, allegedly by three men. Police identified two of the accused as Gaffar (46) and Aalam(46). Gaffar has been arrested.
"The woman lives in a rented accommodation in Welcome. She moved in a fortnight ago and her family lives in New Usmanpur. She told police that the men barged into her residence, sedated her and then took turns to rape her," a police officer said.
In another incident, the Delhi Police arrested three persons for molesting a girl in Hazrat Nizamuddin area of Southeast Delhi. The accused have been identified as Abdul Wahid (28), Mohammed Kabir (22) and Jahangir (27).
"The incident occurred Wednesday. After a scuffle with the girl's father, the accused persons misbehaved with her and molested her," a senior police officer said.
The girl approached the police late Wednesday night. After a case was registered, all the accused were apprehended.
In a separate incident, two minors were detained for allegedly molesting a 32-year-old woman in Uttam Nagar, West Delhi.
"The incident occurred on Thursday night when the woman, a vagabond who was roaming outside the Uttam Nagar (East) Metro station, was spotted by the minors. When they misbehaved with her, she started to scream and passersby caught them," a police officer said. Police have initiated proceedings under the Juvenile Justice Act.
In another incident, a 27-year-old woman was allegedly molested and her husband assaulted by four miscreants who had tried to enter their house with the motive of robbery, police said.
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2
- Rohith’s despair speaks of the collective failure of the teaching community
- Mehbooba Mufti has held out CBMs for the BJP-PDP coalition
- What if we cannot poke a little innocent fun at one another
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar