Motorcycle rams parked bus, 2 killed
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
Two persons were killed after their motorcycle crashed into a stationary luxury bus on the Western Express Highway, Kandivali East on Tuesday. The bus driver has been booked for causing death by negligence as he had allegedly parked in a no-parking zone.
The deceased, Raju Gauda (45) and Manjunarayan Naik (35), were not wearing helmets, said police. They worked as a cook and waiter respectively at the Shivam Sundaram Hotel in Thakur Complex .
They were on their way to the hotel when the accident took place around 7 am."They had planned to stop at a petrol pump to refuel. They saw a luxury bus ahead. As it was dark, the two did not realise that the bus was stationary on the side of the road. The motorcycle crashed into the right side of the bus," said an officer.
When the police reached the spot and searched the bodies of the two men, they did not find any driving licence."We have booked the bus driver, Mohammed Ayub Shaikh (45), as he had parked the bus in a no parking zone," the officer said.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today