Mourinho eyeing Real Madrid swap deal for Lampard
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho is reportedly set to offer Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard a lifeline at the Santiago Bernabeu.
Lampard's future at Chelsea is looking bleak after falling down the pecking orders in manager Andre Villas-Boas' squad this season.
According to the Sun, Mourinho hopes to use midfielder Esteban Granero as a bait to prise Lampard from the Stamford Bridge.
Granero is valued at six million pounds.
A three-time Chelsea Player of the Year, Lampard is Chelsea's third all-time goalscorer with 177 goals in all competitions, including over 100 league goals – the most in the club's history for a midfielder.
The 33-year-old is also the highest goalscoring midfielder in Premier League history (146 league goals) and second in the Premier League's all-time assists table with 91 assists.
He has had over 1400 successful passes and 10 or more assists every season.
In 2005, when Mourinho was at Chelsea, Lampard was voted second place in both the 2005 FIFA World Player of the Year and the 2005 Ballon d'Or.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today