'Krrish 3' film review: Hrithik Roshan perfect choice to do this role
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Cast: Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra, Vivek Oberoi, Kangana Ranaut
Director: Rakesh Roshan
The Indian Express Rating: **
'Krrish 3' is a superhero film. It is also a throwback to the creaky family entertainers Bollywood used to make. The hero has special powers, sure, but also a loving daddy, a lovely wifey, an attractive moll and a villain with severe daddy issues. Only a pet poodle or parrot is missing.
Superheroes have been around in Hindi cinema for decades, but huge technology jumps have made 'Krrish 3' the slickest of them all, special effects-wise. The rest of it is marred by tackiness. When Krrish is doing his derring-do stunts, we watch, even if we've seen Superman do this 30 years ago. But when he delivers maudlin dialogue about fathers and mothers and bravery, we are pulled back to the ground with a thud, with the superhero the Roshans made.
Hrithik is the perfect choice amongst the Bollywood superstar lot to do this role. With his superbly articulated chest, each muscle moving and shiny and oiled, Krrish doesn't even need a mask and a cape. But the ensemble is eye-catching, and we ignore his immaculately-styled long hair, flying in the wind, when he is whizzing about rescuing little boys. Roshan Jr is as likeable and earnest as he usually is, but can't rise above the mothballed treatment. Roshan Sr, who has written and directed, should have given the superhero more to do.
But he gets stuck in bringing the backstory forward. The soppy but sweet `Koi Mil Gaya's ( 2003) socially challenged but brilliant Rohit begets Krishna, who finds his super-powers in 'Krrish' ( 2006). Both the ageing Rohit and Krishna star in `'Krrish 3', and both roles are played by Hrithik. Priyanka, playing Krishna's TV reporter wife, has to look on admiringly as Hrithik does his standard dance number. He is still as dextrous, but the dancing has no zing, and the songs are terrible.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express