Mozilla launches Firefox OS at Mobile World Congress 2013
- Shooting in US military base leaves four persons dead, 14 injured
- IPL officials, owners and 12 players named in secret report to Supreme Court
- Narendra Modi Pak, US dono ko thhokega: BJP South Delhi candidate Ramesh Bidhuri
- Whoâs probing IM? NIA, Delhi Police stories different: HC
- Doubts surface over murdered Qateelâs âconfessionâ to police
Firefox OS: Mozilla, the non-profit organisation behind Firefox web browser, launched its operating system at Mobile World Congress 2013 on Monday.
Firefox OS is built on HTML, is targeted at low-end hardware and Firefox OS devices will be available from July 2013. Among manufacturers planning to ship Firefox OS devices are ZTE, LG, Huawei and Alcatel.
ZTE and Alcatel demonstrated their phones at MWC 2013. ZTE Open and Alcatel One Touch Fire are 3.5-inch touchscreen devices, which should appeal to those looking for cheap smartphones. The phones come with apps like Facebook, Nokia Here (maps), AccuWeather, and games like Cut The Rope.
- Panel points out holes in report on trees cut, writes to civic chief
- Man who made hoax calls to Jet Airways acquitted
- Metro not quite a vote puller for people in areas it runs
- Stir ends, BEST postpones new work schedule to June 1
- RBI banks on Bandhan, trusts Kolkata NBFC with rare licence
- Gujarat to SC: Woman knew of snooping, was thankful