MP govt to set up budget hotels at religious tourist sites
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
The Madhya Pradesh government has decided to construct budget hotels at the state's prominent religious tourism destinations.
The places where these budget hotels will come up include Amarkantak, Maheshwar, Ujjain, Omkareshwar, Chitrakoot, Orchha, Maihar, Panna, Mandla, Multai, Salkanpur and Mandleshwar.
The state government has issued a notification to this effect, an official release said here today.
Under the Madhya Pradesh Tourism Policy, there is a provision to give subsidy to investors for constructing budget hotels at prominent religious tourism destinations of the state.
As per the policy, 10 per cent of total capital expenditure or Rs 50 lakh, whichever is less, will be payable on construction of budget hotel on a plot of departmental land bank.