MP govt to set up budget hotels at religious tourist sites
- Yadav, Bhushan wanted party's defeat in Delhi polls, allege AAP leaders
- Chhattisgarh PDS rice scam: probe widens as police find a list with names, alleged bribes
- Land bill on table, government tells opposition willing to make changes
- His last detention against norms, red flag pre-dated Mufti govt
- Assam MLA claims he warned cops before Dimapur lynching
The Madhya Pradesh government has decided to construct budget hotels at the state's prominent religious tourism destinations.
The places where these budget hotels will come up include Amarkantak, Maheshwar, Ujjain, Omkareshwar, Chitrakoot, Orchha, Maihar, Panna, Mandla, Multai, Salkanpur and Mandleshwar.
The state government has issued a notification to this effect, an official release said here today.
Under the Madhya Pradesh Tourism Policy, there is a provision to give subsidy to investors for constructing budget hotels at prominent religious tourism destinations of the state.
As per the policy, 10 per cent of total capital expenditure or Rs 50 lakh, whichever is less, will be payable on construction of budget hotel on a plot of departmental land bank.