MP govt to set up budget hotels at religious tourist sites
- Cong makes public Raje's signed document backing Lalit Modi, asks govt to sack her
- Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal announces run for US presidential elections 2016
- Maharashtra minister Pankaja Munde accused of Rs 206 crore 'scam'
- Smriti Irani in dock over fake degree; Congress, AAP demand her sacking
- All above the age of 75 in BJP declared brain dead by Modi: Yashwant Sinha
The Madhya Pradesh government has decided to construct budget hotels at the state's prominent religious tourism destinations.
The places where these budget hotels will come up include Amarkantak, Maheshwar, Ujjain, Omkareshwar, Chitrakoot, Orchha, Maihar, Panna, Mandla, Multai, Salkanpur and Mandleshwar.
The state government has issued a notification to this effect, an official release said here today.
Under the Madhya Pradesh Tourism Policy, there is a provision to give subsidy to investors for constructing budget hotels at prominent religious tourism destinations of the state.
As per the policy, 10 per cent of total capital expenditure or Rs 50 lakh, whichever is less, will be payable on construction of budget hotel on a plot of departmental land bank.