MP: Harassed by upper caste youths, tribal woman kills self
- Narendra Modi new talking point in Tamil Nadu, but few say they will vote for him
- 78 pc turnout, but few can show ink mark
- Giriraj Singh stands by his Pak remark; BJP dissociates itself from him
- Pratapgarh Dalits angry with Mayawati, Muslims feel âunsafeâ
- RSS appeal to âmajorityâ: Vote or become history
A tribal woman allegedly set herself on fire following harassment by upper caste youths at Semra Leharia village.
The woman took the extreme step yesterday at her house and died at a district hospital, police said.
Ranveer Singh, the victim's relative, alleged that three upper caste youths of the village used to harass her and yesterday they had tried to molest her after entering into her house.
No arrests have been made so far.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota