MP: Harassed by upper caste youths, tribal woman kills self
- A person killing people with Quran in his hand is not Muslim, but a terrorist: Aamir Khan at #RNGAwards
- Dubai shuts down part of metro's green line over large fire
- Oceans, cyberworld should not become new theatres of contests: PM Modi
- Financial transactions motive behind Sheena's murder, CBI tells court
- J&K: Army jawan, three terrorists killed in separate encounters
A tribal woman allegedly set herself on fire following harassment by upper caste youths at Semra Leharia village.
The woman took the extreme step yesterday at her house and died at a district hospital, police said.
Ranveer Singh, the victim's relative, alleged that three upper caste youths of the village used to harass her and yesterday they had tried to molest her after entering into her house.
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy
- The needs of the time shape the character of the myth- Tipu Sultan
- Raja-Mandala: Japan’s counter to China’s silk road
- It started with Perumal
- Open channels of communication are vital for democracy and governance