MP polls: Shivraj Chouhan sends Rs 10 cr defamation notice to Sonia over Congress ad
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan sent a Rs 10 crore defamation notice to Congress president Sonia Gandhi over a party advertisement targeting Chouhan and his family, reports said.
The chief minister in his notice, reports said, has asked Congress to withdraw the charges by publishing a similar size ad. The notice has alleged that the advertisement - published last week in poll-bound Madhya Pradesh- caused damaged to reputation to the chief minister and his family.
In the run-up to Madhya Pradesh Assembly polls, the Congress has been hitting out at Chouhan-led state government over alleged corruption practice.