MP polls: Shivraj Chouhan sends Rs 10 cr defamation notice to Sonia over Congress ad
- Myanmar says operation on militants was on Indian side of border
- Somnath Bharti's wife accuses him of domestic violence, DCW issues notice
- Debt-stressed Punjab farmer, who met Rahul Gandhi, commits suicide
- Jitender Tomar did not graduate from our varsity: RML Awadh University
- Railways staggers tatkal booking to ease pressure, upto 50 pc refund on cancellation
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan sent a Rs 10 crore defamation notice to Congress president Sonia Gandhi over a party advertisement targeting Chouhan and his family, reports said.
The chief minister in his notice, reports said, has asked Congress to withdraw the charges by publishing a similar size ad. The notice has alleged that the advertisement - published last week in poll-bound Madhya Pradesh- caused damaged to reputation to the chief minister and his family.
In the run-up to Madhya Pradesh Assembly polls, the Congress has been hitting out at Chouhan-led state government over alleged corruption practice.