MP Sachin Tendulkar wants to help sports in schools
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- CJI bars advocate's entry in SC for 6 months for sexual harrassment
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi hurls a 'khooni panja' at Cong, says its responsible for 1100 lives in Telangana
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: SRH struggle in stiff chase against KXIP
Four months after entering Rajya Sabha, Sachin Tendulkar has written his first letter as MP on a matter of national interest. He has expressed concern over the neglect of sports in India's educational institutions and offered to help inculcate a sporting culture among children and the youth.
Sachin wrote to Human Resource Development Minister Kapil Sibal last week, proposing ways to integrate sports in the education system, and expressing a desire to work with the government on the project. The HRD ministry has invited him to make a detailed presentation, following which modalities can be worked out.
"We welcome Sachin Tendulkar's proposal and I have already written to him inviting him for a presentation so that the details can be talked through. Once that is done we will ask both CBSE and NCERT to look into how sports can be made an integral part of the school curriculum", HRD Minister Kapil Sibal told The Indian Express.
- Satyam scam: ICAI bans four auditors for life
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat