MP to observe Swami Vivekanand's 150th birth anniversary year
- I expected to do very well but didn't expect to top it: UPSC topper
- Shiv Sena comes to BJP's rescue, says 'move to classify madrasas as non-schools not anti-religious'
- Across the Aisle: ‘Export or perish’. Have we chosen ‘perish’?
- Big Picture - ‘Why did they kill me, ammi?’
- Sunday Story: The Leader and his machine
Swami Vivekanand's 150th birth anniversary year will be observed in Madhya Pradesh from January 12.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, while addressing a meeting of Swami Vivekananda's 150th birth anniversary year committee at the secretariat, directed to establish Vivekananda Youth Centres at district and development block levels.
"Youth Centres will become venue for educational, sports and youth welfare activities and dissemination of Swami Vivekananda's philosophy and teachings of moral values," Chouhan said.
Academic and sports activities and cultural programmes focusing on Vivekananda's life and ideology will be held throughout the year.