MP to observe Swami Vivekanand's 150th birth anniversary year
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police on Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Bismillah Khan's family says no to propose Narendra Modi's candidature in Varanasi
- 78 pc turnout, but few can show ink mark
- Giriraj Singh stands by his Pak remark; BJP dissociates itself from him
- RSS appeal to âmajorityâ: Vote or become history
Swami Vivekanand's 150th birth anniversary year will be observed in Madhya Pradesh from January 12.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, while addressing a meeting of Swami Vivekananda's 150th birth anniversary year committee at the secretariat, directed to establish Vivekananda Youth Centres at district and development block levels.
"Youth Centres will become venue for educational, sports and youth welfare activities and dissemination of Swami Vivekananda's philosophy and teachings of moral values," Chouhan said.
Academic and sports activities and cultural programmes focusing on Vivekananda's life and ideology will be held throughout the year.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota