MP to observe Swami Vivekanand's 150th birth anniversary year
- Disquiet in BJP as M M Joshi, Sushma raise questions
- Nilekani, Kaif in Congressâs first list for 194 seats
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Naidu
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Kejriwal joins list of VIPs with âZâ category security
Swami Vivekanand's 150th birth anniversary year will be observed in Madhya Pradesh from January 12.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, while addressing a meeting of Swami Vivekananda's 150th birth anniversary year committee at the secretariat, directed to establish Vivekananda Youth Centres at district and development block levels.
"Youth Centres will become venue for educational, sports and youth welfare activities and dissemination of Swami Vivekananda's philosophy and teachings of moral values," Chouhan said.
Academic and sports activities and cultural programmes focusing on Vivekananda's life and ideology will be held throughout the year.
- Nilekani gets Cong nod for B’lore South
- Independents, smaller parties throng Ralegan Siddhi for Hazare’s support
- 12 MPs retained as BJP announces first state list
- Modi’s Chai pe Charcha part II a women’s day out
- Thank God I am not killed in encounter, says Kejriwal
- Lok Sabha poll fever rules Women’s Day celebrations