MP to observe Swami Vivekanand's 150th birth anniversary year
- No resignations, BJP prepares for stormy Monsoon session
- IPL GC meet: Thakur-Shirke want CSK, RR scrapped; Shukla-Shastri say no
- Arvind Kejriwal to PM: Devote time to Delhi Police or hand over its charge
- Two killed in landslide on Mumbai-Pune Expressway, traffic comes to halt
- IIT Delhi's decision to invite Ramdev raises eyebrows
Swami Vivekanand's 150th birth anniversary year will be observed in Madhya Pradesh from January 12.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, while addressing a meeting of Swami Vivekananda's 150th birth anniversary year committee at the secretariat, directed to establish Vivekananda Youth Centres at district and development block levels.
"Youth Centres will become venue for educational, sports and youth welfare activities and dissemination of Swami Vivekananda's philosophy and teachings of moral values," Chouhan said.
Academic and sports activities and cultural programmes focusing on Vivekananda's life and ideology will be held throughout the year.