MP to seize driving, arms licences of sex offenders
- Not RSSâs job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits: Bhagwat
- Malaysia Airlines flight case: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Toughening its stand on sexual harassment of women, Madhya Pradesh on Monday announced that weapon licences and driving licenses of perpetrators of sexual crimes will be impounded. The state government reiterated that it would ensure those involved in cases of sexual harassment are not issued passports, and that they are not absorbed in government service.
Following up on a slew of announcements made the previous day, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said on Monday that a database of those involved in harassing women, including sending obscene text messages, will be created. The new measures announced by the government coincided with media reports of more cases of rapes, including gangrapes, across the state.
Meanwhile, the police simultaneously cracked down on youngsters who loiter around girls' schools and colleges and parks in Bhopal, Indore and Gwalior.
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress